Yoga Meltdown is one of Jillian Michaels’s earlier yoga DVDs, which was released in 2010, and in this review, I break down my experience with Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown.
After some research, I decided to start with Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown.
I knew it would be odd to go through full workouts without using weights or resistance bands but I was eager to try something new.
What is Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown?
Yoga Meltdown is Jillian Michaels first yoga DVD. Yoga Meltdown combines hard-core yoga poses with dynamic moves for faster calorie burn.
The program includes two 30 minutes yoga workouts with a warm-up and cool-down for each program.
There are two trainers in the video with Jillian. Trainer 1 – Basheera – does the advanced moves while trainer 2 – Maddie – does the beginner/modified moves.
Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown Level 1
Yoga Meltdown Level 1 is roughly 35 minutes long with a warm-up and warm-down included.
There are 3 circuits in the workout with each circuit with rapid sun salutations between each circuit.
In each circuit, every pose is dynamic followed by holding in place for 15 – 20 seconds before switching poses.
- Circuit 1 – Crescent pose with arm movements (left and right side), plank followed by camel pose in reps and chaturanga push-ups x 2 followed by 2 sun salutations
- Circuit 2 – Warrior 2 pose, camel pose with alternating touching heels and alternating side planks x 2
- Circuit 3 – Warrior 3 pose (left and right side), dolphin pose, and locust pose.
I was able to transition between each pose without too much stress and I tried to follow Basheera as much as possible so I could challenge my body.
However, it’s not a complicated workout and a beginner shouldn’t have too much trouble getting through it.
Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown Level 2
Yoga Meltdown level 2 is roughly 29 minutes long with a warm-up and warm-down included.
Like level 1, there are 3 circuits in level 2 with rapid yoga poses between each circuit.
Every pose is dynamic and then you hold it for 15 – 20 seconds. Level 2 consists of a lot of balance poses and advanced poses.
- Circuit 1 – Side pose, revolving triangle pose, and half-moon pose (left and right side) followed by in and out chair pose.
- Circuit 2 – Leg extension with a toe lock (left and right side), crescent pose with a twist (left and right side), and goddess pose followed by crow pose.
- Circuit 3 – Leg extensions into boat pose x 2, wild thing pose (left and right side), and leg raises with hands behind your head x 2.
- Bonus move – Wheel pose or bridge pose
After the conditioning of level 1, I was ready for Yoga Meltdown level 2 and found only 2 of the moves challenging.
Crow pose, which I couldn’t hold for very long, and wheel pose because I didn’t feel confident doing this without assistance.
Wheel pose is a complicated move and unless you’re well versed in yoga, I don’t recommend attempting it without a workout partner. The bridge pose is easier and less complicated.
Level 2 also has more dynamic moves and poses than level 1.
Equipment Required for Yoga Meltdown
You only need a good yoga mat for this workout. I got a gorgeous personalized yoga mat from an independent artisan on ETSY.
Yoga Meltdown Meal Plan
Yoga Meltdown doesn’t come with a meal plan. I followed the meal plan I used while I was on the 21 Day Fix program.
What I Loved About Yoga Meltdown
- I finally perfected my chaturanga push-up. I was first introduced to this in BodyShred I think and couldn’t get it right for the life of me.
- I broke more sweat than I thought I would with both workouts and really loved the stretchy muscle feeling afterward.
- It’s a pretty low-impact workout so I was able to ditch my knee pads for most of the duration.
There weren’t too many memorable quotes sprinkled in this workout and in the end, I pinned down to one I really liked:-
“Get out of your comfort zone. That’s where change happens.”
Where to Buy Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown?
You can get Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown on DVD or stream it on Amazon Prime Video if you are located in the US.
For under $15, I’d say Yoga Meltdown provides great value at a budget-friendly price.
How Many Calories Does Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown Burn?
The Yoga Meltdown DVD claims you can burn mega calories and lose up to 5 pounds a week. I don’t know about all that.
What I observed was overall body conditioning and toning, core strength development, and improved flexibility but I didn’t shed more than a few pounds, if that.
In order to lose a large number of calories with Yoga Meltdown, you would need a significant daily calorie deficit in your diet. Not a good idea.
How Long is Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown?
Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown is for 30 days. 2 weeks in level 1 and 2 weeks in level 2.
Workout 1 is approximately 35 minutes long and workout 2 is approximately 30 minutes long.
The workout doesn’t come with a calendar but you can create your own in Excel or just mark off the days on your regular calendar.
Know your limits. Do not attempt to do something your body isn’t complying with unless you want a serious injury.
Get the pose right first before you try to match the pace of the professional trainers, especially level 2.
Also note, this isn’t traditional yoga per se so set your expectations accordingly. Overall, I rate Yoga Meltdown 3.5 out of 5.
I’m jumping into Yoga Inferno before I switch back to my regular active workouts.
I’ve also included a one-hour daily walk into my fitness regimen since the weather is so lovely now.
This post may contain affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. Read full disclosure HERE.