Here are some of the best tips for setting and achieving your fitness goals in 2022.
With the end of 2021, we are about to head into the third year of the pandemic which has had a massive impact on everyone’s lives, well-being, and fitness.
Fitness has been one of the best ways I’ve been able to get through all the lockdowns and the significant reduction in social activities.
While most gyms have opened up now, fitness at home still remains my preferred method for staying in shape through the current situation.
Benefits of Setting Fitness Goals
- When you set fitness goals, you have a better chance of succeeding and staying the course through the year.
- Fitness goals put you in the right mindset to succeed.
- You remain accountable to yourself when you set measurable fitness goals.
- Setting SMART fitness goals helps you stay motivated throughout the year.
- When you become attuned to the process of setting fitness goals and following through, you will develop a lifelong fitness habit.
So how do you set these achievable fitness goals?
You set achievable fitness goals by using the SMART system. SMART fitness goals mean:-
- S – Specific
- M – Measurable
- A – Achievable
- R – Relevant
- T – Timely
SMART Fitness Goal Ideas
Below are some SMART fitness goal ideas for 2022. Some of these are on my list as well:-
- Exercise for 30 minutes every morning or every evening.
- Walk 5,000 steps every day. If this is too much, you can start with as little as 1,000 steps a day and move up from there. See how I started my walking challenge.
- Do you like running? Set a challenge to train for and participate in a 5k marathon in 2022. You can find local marathon events and training resources at Active.
- Engage in 30 minutes of yoga every day. I discovered the awesomeness of yoga in 2021 with Yoga Meltdown and I’ve become a little bit obsessed since. Yoga is a fitness game changer and improves your body’s capabilities significantly.
- Do 25 pushups every day. This is not as easy as it sounds. Push-ups build upper body and core strength and require quite a bit of endurance. You can start with 5 and build up from there. Here’s how to do the perfect push-up.
- Learn how to swim. Swimming is a great way to tone your entire body and reduce overall body fat. It also builds exceptionally strong arms and legs. You can find swimming programs for all levels at your local YMCA. If you already know how to swim, start with swimming for at least 30 minutes every day.
- Get into pole fitness. This is another workout that strengthens your core and upper body plus it’s a lot of fun. Start with one class a week and don’t put too much pressure on yourself.
- Start a new workout program every work. You can find lots of ideas over at my Home Workout Archives.
- Start hiking. There’s a whole process and equipment to this so do some research before you jump into it. Hiking is a very good way to get into shape.
- Drink 10 glasses of water every day, minimum.
- Stop drinking soda, diet drinks, and sugared drinks. Drink alcohol in moderation.
- Add more veggies and fruits to your diet.
There are so many different kinds of fitness goals you can set for yourself every year.
You can decide on your SMART fitness goals for the year and put together your fitness schedule with a SMART fitness goals worksheet.
With a worksheet, you’ll be able to break your fitness goals into smaller portions.
SMART Fitness Goals Worksheet 2022
I started creating a fitness goals worksheet in 2020 and just finished up the 2022 version this week.
The SMART fitness goals worksheet 2022 is available free to subscribers. The worksheet also includes my best fitness tips for reaching your goals faster
You can download the worksheet and fitness tips resource for free HERE.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read full disclosure HERE.