I reviewed Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 Week 1 HERE. I came down with a catarrh after week 1 so this was delayed a bit.
After I recovered, I started the beginning of week 2 again so I went through days 1- 3 twice.
Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 Week 2 continues with the interval 3-2-1 system – 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio, and 1 minute of abs.
Week 2 is of course more intense than week 1. Week 2 is 35 minutes – 27 minutes for the workout and a warm-up and warm-down session.
Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 Week 2 Update
- Strength – Crescent pose with wide rows, pendulum lunges with serving biceps, and chest press with a pelvic thrust (twice)
- Cardio – Plank jacks and mountain climbers (twice)
- Abs – Arm raised to the opposite leg (left and right side)
- Strength – Side lunges with a leg raise, ab hold with a table and crow push-ups (twice)
- Cardio – Jump rope with kick-outs and squat thrusts (twice)
- Abs – Ab hold with extensions and leg crawl (left and right side)
- Strength – Sumo squats with tricep extensions, stork stance with a low row, and plank rows (twice)
- Cardio – Jab cross (high, low) and high knees (twice)
- Abs – Sit-ups with leg extensions and crunches with leg raise
The moves highlighted in blue are the moves that tried my body. lol.
Jillian Michaels Week 2 was tougher than week 1 and the first 3 days were a tad hard for me with a few new moves I’ve never seen before.
I stumbled and nearly fell on my own nose in the first few days. However, my body gradually adapted to the moves.
By day 5, I could get through the Ripped in 30 workouts without taking a break to breathe in-between.
Same as week 1, there were 2 trainers in the video with Jillian. One person modified and the other person demonstrated the advanced moves.
If it’s any consolation, the 27 minutes go by pretty fast even if it doesn’t feel like it.
- Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 Week 1
- Jillian Michaels Body Revolution Review
- Jillian Michaels BodyShred Program Review
Equipment for Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 Week 2
I used the same equipment from week 1 – 1 light hand weight and 1 heavy hand weight. You’ll also need a mat for floor exercises.
The weights you choose depend on your fitness level but try to challenge yourself beyond your limitations for the best results.
Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 Workout Schedule
The DVD didn’t come with a schedule so I created one. You can download the Ripped in 30 workout schedule here.
I’m currently on week 3 and I can tell you my body especially my arms are feeling it.
If you want to be notified when I upload week 3 and week 4 of Ripped in 30, sign up HERE.
To get started with Ripped in 30 plus get access to all of Jillian Michaels other workouts, check out Jillian Michaels streaming.
If you prefer the Ripped in 30 DVD, you can get that HERE.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read full disclosure HERE.