I started Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 last week. For this workout program, I decided I will be uploading weekly reviews then a final one at the end.
If it works out great and I get great feedback, I will do that for every workout going forward.
How Long is Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30?
Ripped in 30 is a 30-day diet and exercise plan created to get you in premium shape fast.
The Ripped in 30 system is based on Jillian’s best-selling body shredding 3-2-1 interval system.
This interval system is 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio, and 1 minute of abs.
Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 Week 1 Update
Week 1 is comprised of a 20-minute workout with 2 minutes warm-up and 2 minutes warm down.
- Strength – push-ups, squat and press with weights and crescent pose with tricep kickbacks with weights (Twice)
- Cardio – fast feet and skaters (Twice)
- Abs – plank hold and hollow man
- Strength – deadlift with weights, squat swing with weight and weighted good mornings (Twice)
- Cardio – running man and squat punches (Twice)
- Abs – oblique raises (left and right side)
- Strength – chair pose with reverse flys, side lunges with front raises, and lunges with bicep press, all with weights (Twice)
- Cardio – butt kicks and single-leg hops (Twice)
- Abs – crunches and reverse crunch
I have come across most of the moves in earlier workout programs so it was easy for me to get into them.
I didn’t feel challenged enough for the first two days so I increased my weights a little bit.
The workout is only 20 minutes so it wasn’t too much of a strain on my muscles.
The first week is Jillian and 2 other fitness trainers. One person followed the routine while the other person modified it for beginners.
Equipment for Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 Week 1
You’ll need 1 light hand weight (I used 5 kg) and 1 heavy hand weight (I used 10 kg).
You’ll also need a mat for floor exercises if you’re working out on a hard surface.
Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 Workout Schedule
The DVD set I have doesn’t include a workout schedule.
I guess because it’s pretty straightforward – 6 days of the same workout followed by 1 rest day then switch to the next workout.
Nevertheless, I like to have a schedule I can tick off when I’m working out so I created one.
If you’re like me and want to keep yourself on track, you can download the workout schedule HERE.
Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 Meal Plan
Ripped in 30 comes with a meal plan, which you can download HERE.
Most of the meals suggested are simple to put together. Vegan recipes are also included.
If you want to be notified whenever I upload the Ripped in 30 weekly updates, sign up HERE.
To get started with streaming Ripped in 30 plus all of Jillian’s workouts, check out Jillian Michaels video streaming HERE.
If you prefer to just buy the Ripped in 30 DVD, you can get that HERE.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read full disclosure HERE.