This is the third installment in the Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 review series. You can view previous reviews at:-
Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 Week 3 takes things up a notch from weeks 1 and 2.
Week 3 workout is 31 minutes including the warm-up and warm-down session.
The first thing with Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 Week 3 is the warm-up feels like a mini-workout on its own.
The warm-up was less than 5 minutes but my muscles still felt it – sled hammer, standing stretch splits, and static lunges with torso rotation x 2.
Ripped in 30 Week 3 workout is a little bit shorter than week 2 but it’s a lot more intense with moves that really work muscle groups.
Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 Week 3 Update
- Strength – Bear crawl with the knees up, low duck walk, wide and low row in a squat (twice)
- Cardio – Squat jacks and skiers (twice)
- Abs – Twisting planks (left and right side) and squat thrusters
- Strength – Stork stance with reverse fly, single-leg squats with corkscrew curls, rock and roll squats with a reverse crunch (twice)
- Cardio – Squat jumps and running stance (twice)
- Abs – Toe taps with weights and right arm to left leg with weights (left and right side)
- Strength – Downward dog with a press up, upper body tricep push up, tabletop with tricep dips (twice)
- Cardio – Jumping lunges and single-leg cross hops (twice)
- Abs – Ab hold with tushy lift and pike crunches
The moves highlighted in blue are the ones I really felt. A lot of the moves done separately are okay but combined, they are fire on the muscles.
The same muscle groups are hammered on purpose for maximum impact. By the time I got to the end of circuit 3, my entire upper body felt jelly-like.
Due to the conditioning my body received from Ripped in 30 week 1 and 2, I went through week 3 without taking breaks between workouts.
I switched to the modified version a few times but I never stopped or paused throughout the workout.
I’m seriously looking forward to and fearing week 4 at the same time.
Jillian Michaels Memorable Quote from Week 3
“When you think you don’t have more, that’s when you need to fight. This is the part that counts.”
Equipment for Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 Week 3
I used the same equipment from week 1 and 2 – 1 light hand weight and 1 heavy hand weight. You’ll also need a mat for floor exercises.
I wanted to kick my weights up a notch but unfortunately, all the weights seem to have disappeared from stores so I had to use what I had.
If you want to be notified when I upload week 4 of Ripped in 30, sign up HERE.
To get started with Ripped in 30 plus get access to coaching directly from Jillian, check out Jillian Michaels fitness app HERE.
If you prefer to buy the Ripped in 30 DVD, you can get that HERE.