This is the third installment in the Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 review series. You can view previous reviews at:-
Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 Week 3 takes things up a notch from weeks 1 and 2.
Week 3 workout is 31 minutes including the warm-up and warm-down session.
The first thing with Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 Week 3 is the warm-up feels like a mini-workout on its own.
The warm-up was less than 5 minutes but my muscles still felt it – sled hammer, standing stretch splits, and static lunges with torso rotation x 2.
Ripped in 30 Week 3 workout is a little bit shorter than week 2 but it’s a lot more intense with moves that really work muscle groups.
Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 Week 3 Update
- Strength – Bear crawl with the knees up, low duck walk, wide and low row in a squat (twice)
- Cardio – Squat jacks and skiers (twice)
- Abs – Twisting planks (left and right side) and squat thrusters
- Strength – Stork stance with reverse fly, single-leg squats with corkscrew curls, rock and roll squats with a reverse crunch (twice)
- Cardio – Squat jumps and running stance (twice)
- Abs – Toe taps with weights and right arm to left leg with weights (left and right side)
- Strength – Downward dog with a press up, upper body tricep push up, tabletop with tricep dips (twice)
- Cardio – Jumping lunges and single-leg cross hops (twice)
- Abs – Ab hold with tushy lift and pike crunches
The moves highlighted in blue are the ones I really felt. A lot of the moves done separately are okay but combined, they are fire on the muscles.
The same muscle groups are hammered on purpose for maximum impact. By the time I got to the end of circuit 3, my entire upper body felt jelly-like.
Due to the conditioning my body received from Ripped in 30 weeks 1 and 2, I went through week 3 without taking breaks between workouts.
I switched to the modified version a few times but I never stopped or paused throughout the workout.
I’m seriously looking forward to and fearing week 4 at the same time.
Jillian Michaels Memorable Quote from Week 3
“When you think you don’t have more, that’s when you need to fight. This is the part that counts.”
Equipment for Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 Week 3
I used the same equipment from weeks 1 and 2 – 1 light hand weight and 1 heavy hand weight. You’ll also need a mat for floor exercises.
I wanted to kick my weights up a notch but unfortunately, all the weights seem to have disappeared from stores so I had to use what I had.
If you want to be notified when I upload week 4 of Ripped in 30, sign up HERE.
To get started with Ripped in 30 plus get access to all of Jillian Michaels workouts, have a look at Prime Video HERE.
If you prefer to buy the Ripped in 30 DVD, you can get that HERE.
This post may contain affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. Read full disclosure HERE.