Pasta with feta combines two things I love to create a healthy and definitely delicious lunch or dinner.
This pasta with feta recipe is baked and on the table within 30 minutes, and it only takes a few ingredients too.
One of the main criteria for me to try out a dish is few ingredients and as few steps as possible.
And this pasta with feta cheese recipe delivers that!
It’s basically throwing a bunch of ingredients in a baking dish and tossing it in the oven. Hello, lazy chef heaven!
Pasta with feta is actually a big thing in Finland and was originally made famous by Liemessa, a Finnish blogger.
Pasta With Feta Cheese Ingredients
To make pasta with feta cheese you need the following:-
I love grape tomatoes. They’re small and juicy and when heated up, the flavor is delicious.
Use fresh grape tomatoes. Canned tomatoes are just not the same thing.
Cheese is one of the things I do not like to eat with the exception of feta. I love feta cheese in reasonable quantities.
I like the crumbly texture. You can use a block of feta or crumbled feta.
The original recipe used spaghetti but I used farfalle and it turned out fine.
You should be able to use any type of pasta. I’m thinking of using rice noodles the next time I try this.
The only herb in this recipe is basil and it works quite well. I think I might add spinach as well the next time I try this.
The dish is seasoned with Italian seasoning. I also prefer a lot of chilly flakes but you can leave it out if you don’t like spicy food. Other seasonings include garlic and salt.
How To Make Pasta With Feta Cheese
- You will need a medium-sized baking dish. Line the baking dish with the grape tomatoes.
- Drizzle half of the olive oil over the tomatoes and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Create a small space in the middle of the tomatoes and place the block of feta. If you have crumbled feta instead, sprinkle all over the tomatoes instead of creating a space in the middle.
- Drizzle the rest of the olive oil over the tomatoes and feta cheese. Sprinkle with more pepper and seasoning if you like.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until tomatoes have burst and cheese melted. The smell at this stage is divine!
- While tomatoes and cheese are baking, cook the pasta. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- As soon as you remove the baking dish from the oven, add the minced garlic and basil and mix them into the dish.
- Add the pasta and stir again. I also add red pepper flakes. Stir until everything is well melded together.
- If the dish looks dry to you, you can add a bit of the pasta water for a creamier texture.
- Serve (don’t forget portion control) and garnish with more basil and pepper flakes if desired. Enjoy!
Freezing Pasta With Feta Cheese Leftovers
As usual, I made more than I could eat so I had enough for about 4 dinners.
I stored enough portions for 3 dinners in separate air-tight containers like these.
I took one portion out of the refrigerator every day and reheated it for dinner. I froze the last portion.
3 days is the longest I can eat the same thing before I can’t stand it anymore.
If you love this dish and want to make it a lot, be sure to buy loads of grape tomatoes when in season and freeze for much later.
Pin It for Later – Best Pasta With Feta Recipe
Pin Pasta with Feta recipe for later and follow me on Pinterest for more fitness content, motivational quotes, and the best weight loss tips and tricks.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read full disclosure HERE.